2. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USES OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We collect two types of information about our Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific User. When you engage in certain activities through the Websites, Apps and a&e Social Media, such as registering on the Website; sending us an email or a text message; filling out a form; creating an account; placing an order; downloading or using an application on a mobile device; or when entering a sweepstake or contest; registering for a promotion; responding to a survey; subscribing to a newsletter; submitting content and/or posting content; sending us feedback, comments or asking a question; requesting information; applying for a job at art & eden; signing up for special offers from third parties; or accessing or using the Websites, Apps and a&e Social Media in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on these Online Channels (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may obtain Personally Identifiable Information because you provide it to us or we automatically gather it as a result of any of the Identification Activities. It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself or obtain it automatically, such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, occupation, interests, date of birth, credit card information, location, gender and a unique device identifier. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
c. Special Rules About Your Social Media Accounts. Certain features of our Website may allow (or in the future may allow) you to choose to give us access to information from social media accounts you have created (i.e., on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) (“Your Social Media Account”). If you choose to allow us access, we may be able to collect data in Your Social Media Accounts to which you granted us access, including the personal data relating to your profile, your friends, likes, interests, personal background information and location. We will continue to be able to collect information without further permission from you, and therefore if you no longer want Your Social Media Account(s) linked to our Websites, click DISCONNECT here and we will stop collecting this information. The specific social media site may also give you the ability to stop art & eden’s access to You Personal Social Media Account by following instructions provided by such social media sites. You should also review the privacy policies, security practices and terms of service on the social media sites regarding their policies and practices.
3. USE OR LIMITED SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
art & eden does not sell or rent information about you. We may, however, use or share Personally Identifiable Information in limited circumstances, including (without limitation) as follows:
- Generally, our uses of Personally Identifiable Information collected online include, without limitation, providing you the services from our Websites, or providing information, such as sending marketing communications and newsletters.
- To analyze Websites, Apps and art & eden Social Media use and improve our product and services offerings.
- We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to employees, affiliates (including those located outside the United States), strategic partners, and third party service providers to perform services such as advising you of our services, products, partner-related product opportunities benefitting users, or processing credit card or other forms of payment or hosting the Websites (and/or features available on the Websites). However, such third parties are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information and are not authorized to use Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than providing those services.
- To send Users emails and regular mail to the address Users provide for various purposes. We will send emails to User for processing service or product requests and for marketing communications. We may also send emails to respond to User inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you set up an account with us or order any of our products, you will automatically be opted-in to our mailing list and will receive emails that may include news about the products and services we offer. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Website.
- We also reserve the right to share, assign or transfer your Personal information to any of our affiliates or any successor in interest to our organization by merger, reorganization, or operation of law.
- From time to time, we may provide offers from particular merchants (referred to as “Third Party Merchants”) who, as part of the offer, request information on Users who have responded to the offer from a Third Party Merchant. In those cases, we share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Merchants. Sharing this information may allow a Third Party Merchant to market directly to you. However, we will only share Personally Identifiable Information with a Third Party Merchant if you engage in an Identification Activity, and then only to the Third Party Merchant involved in that Identification Activity. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such third party merchants.
4. OUR USE OR SHARING OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND LOCATION INFORMATION
art & eden may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information itself and we may also share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with partners, affiliates, and third party service providers.
a. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer our Online Channels, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our promotions, advertising, content, and programming.
b. We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
c. We may also use third party service providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer our Websites and constantly improve its quality and the quality of our products, services and Website. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
d. We also may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information for internal purposes, such as tracking demographic data and providing targeted content to make the Websites, Apps and a&e Social Media more useful to our visitors.
e. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with recipients, content providers, sponsors, service providers or other third parties to advance the goals of art & eden and otherwise in fulfillment of the services offered by art & eden.
f. We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to diagnose problems with our server, administer our Online Channels, analyze trends, track users' movement on the Website, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Websites, Apps and a&e Social Media and deliver customized, personalized content.
g. We may also use a unique assigned number located with the website's URL (the IP Address) to determine the website from which you navigated to get to our Website or a&e Social Media; however, the assigned number does not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
5. MOBILE DEVICE IDENTIFIERS/LOCATION SERVICES
You may be visiting the Website from your mobile device. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we, or our third party service providers, may receive such information if you access the Website through mobile devices. Some features of the Website may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Furthermore, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service through use various technologies to determine location, such as location services included in your browser or your device, IP Address, and sensor data locating your device near Wi-Fi access points, Bluetooth devices or beacons, and cell towers. Some of these technologies may require enabling location-based services and/or your consent for our Websites to access your location information. Depending on the provider, we or our third party service providers may receive this information.
6. UPDATING AND CORRECTING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If any of the features of the Website require you to set up an account, we want your account information (including without limitation, your Personally Identifiable Information and preferences) to be accurate and complete. To update or change your Personally Identifiable Information, visit our user login page and log on to your own account. You can update your personal information after logging in to your account.
7. USER CHOICES ON COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION (“OPT OUT”) / DELETED ACCOUNTS
a. Emails: If at any time you wish to stop receiving e-mail from us, you can always remove your name from our mailing list by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to unsubscribe and indicating in the subject line of the e-mail "NO E-MAIL". This is commonly referred to as “opt out” or “opting out”. Although we will promptly remove your name from our e-mail list upon receiving your request, it is possible that you may still receive e-mails from us that had been initiated prior to your opting out.
b. Postal Mailings. We may send you information by regular mail, and you can always remove yourself from our mailing list by sending an e-mail to email@example.com indicating "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name and address. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will promptly remove your name from our mailing list upon receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed from our list.
You can also contact us by mail at: 260 West, 39th Street, 10TH Floor, New York, N.Y. 10018.
c. Text Messages. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive them, follow the opt-out instructions in the mobile message or simply send or reply “STOP” to any text message you receive from art & eden.
Please understand that you can always choose not to provide information we request, although it may be required to access and purchase our merchandise, products or services.
8. Security of Information
In order to prevent unauthorized access and protect your Personally Identifiable Information, art & eden has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us. In particular, all Personal Information provided to us through the use of the Website is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption and Secure Electronic Transaction (SET) protocol. SSL is secure server software that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to art & eden. Additionally, all transactional data we collect from you is protected against unauthorized access with the use of digital certificates issued by VeriSign, an established signer of digital certificates. We are committed to properly securing the Personally Identifiable Information collected online.
9. Data Tracking
c. Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages, or we may allow our third party service providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our affiliates and/or partners for the same purposes.
10. PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
11. NON-US PERSONS
This Website and the services offered by art & eden are intended for use by persons residing in the United States and for persons outside of the United States to the extent permitted under the applicable law of the jurisdiction in which the user resides.
12. MISCELLANEOUS PRIVACY ISSUES
a. Children. This Website is not for use of individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable data from children under the age of thirteen (13) years. The children's products that we offer for sale on our Websites are intended for purchase by adults only. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
b. Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Websites where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs. This information may be accessible by other Users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information.
d. Do Not Track. art & eden does not track its customers across third party websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
In your request, please specify that you want a "Your art & eden California Privacy Rights Notice." Please allow up to 30 days for a response.