Written by Monique Steiner
Back in January we had an exciting launch event full of fun crafts and art activities. These crafty flower collages were a huge success.
We want to show you how you can get creative with your kids with this simple and mess-free craft activity!
What you will need:
- A selection of cupcake baking cups in different colors and shapes
- Green paper for stems and leaves
- A standard size piece of colored card
- Jewels or sequins for the center of the flowers - we used jewel stickers
- Glue stick
How to make this artwork:
- Using the scissors cut down the edges of the cupcake baking cups in small slits reaching the bottom of the baking cups with each cut. These will become your flowers.
- Repeat this with multiple cupcake baking cups experimenting with the amount of slits - the more slits per baking cup the wider and more spread out the flower will be.
- Layer the cut flowers on top of each other again experimenting with different sizes and colors.
- Cut out some stems and leaves for your flowers.
- Decorate the inner flowers and leaves with jewels or anything else you would like to make your flower collage come to life! A cool option could be to draw and decorate a vase for your flowers to sit in.